Stoney Tree Coral-Sick?

DEIGNAN14

BRS Member
My tree coral changed from a dark green, to brown to a very light light
yellow green. I noticed yesterday the color changing from the bottom up.
By this morning it is all yellowy green. My first thought was it is dead....Rapid Tissue Degeneration so I removed it from the tank and placed it in my quaranteen tank till I came to grips with its passing. I have a few dead cycled corals in the guaranteen tank that are very white in color. My stoney looks very different from them in color. (I wish I could post a pic but I dont know how. I can email pics. (they are very blurry though)
Question: Although the color change is not White, can this still be a RTD? or
on a more hopeful note, do these corals "shed" their skin?
One more piece of info: Next to this coral was a smaller coral (same type)
mounted side by side. The smaller coral did not go through this process. I separated them to save the smaller piece. The smaller piece does have some light green color on the back sides of it. Some it its tips are white. On the whole it is still dark green.
Any ideas of what I got happening.. Death or ?????
Again, the color change was rapid.
Sorry my explanantion may be confusing....i am a newbie.
Laura

Okay, Jason told me this is a Green Acro. My pet name "tree coral" may confuse people.

Here you go Laura...couldn't sharpen it much.

Attachments

• laura pic.jpg
    laura pic.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 188
Thanks for posting pic Andy.
This pic was from last night. The lighter color in the center has traveled throughout the whole coral. No more brown or green is left. But again, the lighter color is not White! I put it in my quarentine tank for now, but Jason is concerned that it is under poor lighting in there. (he is in California this week and cant help me)
I dont know what to do! Help

Laura,
Could be just under stress. What are your water parameters?? If you move it around alot, it might not hold its colors and get ligher until it settles down again. What is the ph/alk and temp?

PH is 8.3, temp is 80 but the alk is low. Would that do it? My other corals including my caps and larry jackson all seem happy.

At this point can anyone recomend whether or not we should remove it and keep it under 80 watts of PC to treat? Water and light quality will be much better in teh show tank but Im concerned whatever this is might spread...

thansk all for your help!
Jason

Back