T5 reflector reviews

Miller

Non-member
Looking to purchase (4) 24" T5 reflectors to use in my hood that hopefully will be built this month. 175 watt MH provides the light for the corals and the T5's will be there to supplement the color.

What reflectors would you buy????
Below are the three from ReefGeek.......
http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/T5...5_Retrofit_Reflector_for_1-24W_Bulb_by_IceCap

http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/T5...r_for_1x24W_Bulb_w!_Clips_by_AquaIllumination

http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/T5...t_Reflector_for_1-24W_Bulb_by_Sunlight_Supply

Any one of these better then the other or are they all the same or even all the exact same reflectors sold by different companies????

Any other reflector suggestions?

Jennifer is DEMANDING actinics....how can I say no?

They all have different dimensions and look similar but I can't enlarge the pictures so it's hard to tell if they have the bends or not. I have the ones in the first link...Icecap.They are good quality and have given me great results after several yrs and are still in good shape.The end piece has the clip and can be a little tricky as it just clicks into little notches on the reflectors but it is not a problem and worth it as it stiffens up the reflector alot.Only grip is that the clips rust up.I think they all use the mirro aluminum,95% reflectiveness.

I've had the SLR and the Miro and they are both excellent reflectors. When I went to purchase a new set because I had tons of salt creep from before I fixed my microbubble problem and when I called they said that the Miro's tested a little bit better than the SLR's so that's what I went with... And the rusty clips are kind of a pain but they're cheap to replace if they bug you...

you can also if you call them get the ati reflectors that are in a sunpower. just tell them you want replacement sunpower reflectors. they not listed on website.

They all have different dimensions and look similar but I can't enlarge the pictures so it's hard to tell if they have the bends or not. I have the ones in the first link...Icecap.They are good quality and have given me great results after several yrs and are still in good shape.The end piece has the clip and can be a little tricky as it just clicks into little notches on the reflectors but it is not a problem and worth it as it stiffens up the reflector alot.Only grip is that the clips rust up.I think they all use the mirro aluminum,95% reflectiveness.
Thanks....I thought they all seemed pretty much the same. Dang reflectors....
I've had the SLR and the Miro and they are both excellent reflectors. When I went to purchase a new set because I had tons of salt creep from before I fixed my microbubble problem and when I called they said that the Miro's tested a little bit better than the SLR's so that's what I went with... And the rusty clips are kind of a pain but they're cheap to replace if they bug you...
Rusty clips....uuuuggggghhhhh thats not cool.

you can also if you call them get the ati reflectors that are in a sunpower. just tell them you want replacement sunpower reflectors. they not listed on website.
Well wouldn't I be a cool person if I had ATI reflectors:cool:. They are a quality unit maybe I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get some.

Back