Tank Crash. It was up for almost 3 months

DavidGallant

Non-member
It was the power outage. I left the tank at home with my parents, and I had planned on bringing it back to school this evening. My angel died yesterday morning, and my two clowns are in terrible shape. One clown lost his stripes, and is pale, the other will swim a bit. They are both obviously breathing heavey. I had them wrap the tank in a blanket when the power went out, but it hit 68 for a good chunk of the afternoon. The clowns also have little wihte dots on the that is reflecting the light(is this ick??). Should I try to revive the clowns, or what do I do. I do not want to harm them anymore. Please PM ASAP with info.
Thanks
David

ouch :( just keep the tank running and hope for the best. Dont make any drastic changes. I would recommend a water change though just as a general "when anything dies do a water change" thing.

Make sure you have enough oxygen in the water now. I would also look to see if there might be another cause of death. Temps like that for short spans usually aren't enough to be fatal.

salinity was really low when i got home. phospates were pretty high as well. i'm breaking down the tank tonight and getting what i can to some local's. I will be posting in the morning when all is done.

Back