Think my clown may be expecting

Ba19Ma88

Non-member
I have a pair of Maroon clowns that have been acting a little strange.

They have created a crater in the sand it is about 2" from the lip to the center and it is about the size of you fist overall. The female will chase any fish regardless of size away. Recently I also have had my very large BTA split and it went from 1 to 4 this was over the course of a few months. Water tests out fine and I am not sure as I have a pretty strong flow (mag 18 for a return).

I am not in the least ready for babies and I am not sure what I should do. I have heard of people putting a small terra cotta pot for them??? any ideas or just let nature runs its course. Or do I look to getting a nano set up for them?

I would assume that once they start laying eggs they will do it ever so often So next time I possibly could be a bit more prepared when and if it happens again.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Bruce

Armando has had some luck with this. He'll probably respond. All I know is it is not easy to raise the fry. My Tomatoe Clowns spawn frequently but I just let the other fish eat the fry........

yes it's a very laborious process to raise them. if you're up to the job i'd highly recommend the book "Clownfishes". It explains the process really well.

Back