tropical isle

Moved to current forum.

Questions and discussions are not allowed in the Vendor experiences forum, that forum is for first hand experience only.

John K BRS moderator

The lady at the front desk sucks lemons to improve her attitude from abrasive to apathetic. No thanks, I'll spend my money elsewhere!

+1 on the lady at the front desk. She is RUDE! RUDE! RUDE! And that is my first hand experience.

went there twice,first time bad,figure i'll go try again.same crap.don't care how good is your selection if your customer services suck then i got 2 words for ya....lol you guys knows the rest

Agree. Also, if you plan to buy something, bring your iphone or something to compare to online prices. In my experience, typically there is a 100-150% markup compared to online.

I agree with the other responses here. I was in Tropic Isle about a month ago after a long time of not going. I had stopped going there because of the aforementioned attitude, and prices. When I stopped in last month, nothing had changed. Although i did notice that the fish selection was sparse, and things just didn't look so great. I'm far from an expert, so that's just my opinion.
I will probably never go back again.

I have been to 90% of the LFS's in the Boston metro area, all the way to NH, to RI. So here are my feelings...

The attitude of a couple of their employees is TERRIBLE. I have been treated like an idiot multiple times in there. From being looked at funny when asking about feeding Acans, to being told 3 tangs in my 75 would be more than OK. I have never had a fantastic experience in there. Though I will say my GF does like some of their FW guys, I have not experienced that.

Also, if you look back in some of the articles on here about the store, you may find things about a bug issue, but I will let that speak for itself.

This is just what I have seen in that store. I will continue to walk in there because it is 2 seconds from where I work, and see if it changes. However I will not purchase anything until I see a large change in attitude. I have another store, which I will not pump in this thread, that I know and love, and are always helpful

My 2 cents
Jordan

I spent well over 2 grand on an impusle buy for an oceanic cube set up, i was with my kids 3-5 at the time and no one wanted to help me load the set up into my vehicle, and when they did seemed like a hassle. Secondly i needed a receipt cuz i lost mine and my ballast blew on the light, took me calling about 4-5 times before i got the right person to help me out, prior i was told its too hard to dig through all the credit card receits to find it, even though i gave them the exact day and time. My first hand experience is that the customer service is awful. I have never been back again.

+1 on Everyone Don`t want to go bashing on any business but lady at the front desk errrrr....... so rude... actually me and my GF have made a game of it I try to be as nice as possible with different greeting each time, Hi How are you! Whats Going Hows your Daying Going!! etc etc... all polite like to see if I can get her to be nice but to no avail. LMAO Plus had a clown fish die on me early on in my tank same night, I rought in body next day with perfect water sample and no exchange because I Didnt have a receipt come on now its a 10$ clown fish. No I go walking around with dead clowns to LFS.. come on now.

-Owen

Are you guys talking about the old lady there. Maybe she is the owner's wife or relatives??
I used to work in framingham and stop by the store every friday just to avoid the traffic a bit.
I am not going to comment on the price of the goods or the condition of the fishes or the corals.. Just the old lady.
I admit she is not an outgoing, or friendly or fun person BUT she is not a rude person at all. I walk back and forth that store may times (for years since I work close to it) and I have never witness a single time that she is rude to anyone. She just mind her own business and doesn't talk to anyone. But she isn't rude. She walks around with a sad looking face like she just lost her saving but that is NOT rude. I walked in and walked out numerous times without buying anything, she doesn't say anything. When I buy something, she just wrapped the stuffs for me and that's it. it was always an easy, fast transaction and I went on my way home. What has she done to be considered rude?

ok this all sounds about right. i was just making sure it wasnt just me. i went in there and got all the same responses u guys had. need;es to say i wont be returning

With Tropic Isle I find that customer service depends greatly on who is working at the time of visit.
The only thing I ever buy there is fish they usually have a decent selection, everything else seems a bit over priced

I go there a lot and spend a fair amount of coin.

They have a pretty good sw fish selection a lot of which is reasonably priced, excellent fw fish selection, coral seems mediocre and expensive, some people who work there are friendly, some aren't, dry goods are very over priced. They have good online coupons to save money.

She just "minds her own business"? "Doesn't talk to anyone"? NEWS FLASH! When you choose to work at an establishment especially at the front door and register, part of your job is to open your mouth and greet people, ask them if they need assistance and on their way out you thank them for their business and invite them back soon. When she fails to do that she's RUDE, as most have expressed. All LFS sell fish, coral, rock, dry goods, etc., but most times we continue to back to those that treat us well.

Back