True Percula Clownfish Spawning Video plus Majestic Angel Vocalization

Matt L.

Non-member
All four videos were taken last night after cleaning my tank and doing a water change.

[youtube]1wU5pj4r4A0[/youtube]

:.

[youtube]_RrIzEww35Y[/youtube]

[youtube]NxGPW1DHiVI[/youtube]

[youtube]tGGB_KufGlc[/youtube]

I am going to try and raise this batch of eggs.

Matt:cool:

That's sweet. I wish my stupid pair would get off their butts and get busy :D They've only been together for about 2 years :eek:

That's amazing and tops my Duncan Coral barfing up zoas yesterday. Congrats and keep us posted on progress.

thats great good luck with raising them. are you going to move them into a breeding tank?

good thing you had the camera handy. The angel was loud, how'd you realize he was making the noise?

Great vids Matt. My False Percs simulate spawning with rock cleaning and everything, but they never lay eggs. :(

Odd that they laid at night. All of my pairs have always been daytime spawners. Is this their first batch?

Odd that they laid at night. All of my pairs have always been daytime spawners. Is this their first batch?
It's funny you mention that.

No, they have been spawning for a few months now.

Before, I would always come home and notice that they laid eggs. I could never be sure if I missed them in the morning, or if they did it during the day when I was at work.

My guess is because I was doing so much work on the tank during this day, I disturbed them until it was too late, and they had to go ahead and lay.

Recently though (past two batches?), a good portion of the eggs (3/4) have not been making it. I suspect it may be from stopping the tank to perform water changes, so this time, I am keeping clear for the ~10 days.

I am concerned that my male isn't the best father too. I do have good current circulation in the tank, but he is not always fanning the eggs. He only does it sometimes. I guess I'll see if they are viable in a few days.

Mine does not fan them if they are in high flow. I'm surprised at the location yours picked. Seems like a bad spot being so unsmooth. Try putting a tile or piece of pottery out for them. The hatch rate for mine is nearly 100% on a convex smooth surface and the male doesn't need to do much at all.

Mine does not fan them if they are in high flow. I'm surprised at the location yours picked. Seems like a bad spot being so unsmooth. Try putting a tile or piece of pottery out for them. The hatch rate for mine is nearly 100% on a convex smooth surface and the male doesn't need to do much at all.
It's the smoothest thing near the anemone. I will try an empty half shell in the future if this doesn't work.

The rock is pretty smooth (but bumpy) actually.

Also, that's good to know that my male isn't being a deadbeat:) Have you raised any batches recently?

I have never raised a batch myself, but 2 breeders have taken the fry and raised several batches of the pink skunks. I should have some "mixed marriage" fry soon and hope someone will want to try them. It is a cross that has not been captive breed as far as I can find out (pink x orange skunks). We're a little busy ourselves raising human fry at the moment :)

Back