Two white spots on my trigger

Thegreatalways

BRS Member
So my niger trigger has these two white bumps on his right side there not getting better or worse there staying the same I thought it maybe from him wedging himself in the rocks but he has started picking at my annomes even after been feed so it’s not affecting his appetite but if he keeps this up he is going to be rehomed I moved him over to qt so I can treat with copper and Melafix any help would be appreciated I would post a pic but since I moved him into qt he has not came out his rock he comes out for a second to eat but darts right back into the rock if I try to look at him

Over 2 weeks now like I said they have not gotten worse it’s only 2 of them and there not ick you can see that it’s on the outside and not small

Since reading that link you posted it would make sense I have been giving him vitamin rich foods since I noticed them and today there looking a little bit smaller still not completely gone but going away steadily

I had a blue throat trigger that got cloudy eyes and spots though a lot worse than what you're describing, got very lethargic and didn't eat. Ultimately the thing that worked was reefhd which I dosed in a QT, though in my case it survived another six months but never fully recovered.

Yes he is very lethargic does not come out the rock only to eat then goes right back in and I will pick up some of it and see how he does I have a desjardini sail fin coming in hopefully Thursday so I will leave him in my qt tank and just put the sail fin into my display so he does not get what ever the trigger has

So, is only one eye cloudy? Is it popped out at all or just cloudy?

Do you see any flukes in his eye (see photos below)?

1570761435143-png.1240195
1570761450656-png.1240196

Only one eye is clowdy and I think i may have seen some but I will have to double check when I get home to be safe it’s not popped out at all

@Humblefish I just looked at his right eye and it’s exactly like the one you have pictured above
That's flukes in the eye. Unfortunately, you should give the fish a 5 min FW dip before treating with Prazipro: https://humble.fish/freshwater-dip/

The issue is prazi causes flukes to "spasm" before dropping off & dying, and that could damage the fish's cornea. So, when flukes have reached the eyes it's usually necessary to "pre-treat" by doing a FW dip first (which will dislodge most of the flukes gently) before hitting them with followup Prazipro treatment.

Back