Very Close Call...Wsshhh

I just use interceptor/betadine which is a total 6 hours betadine in the last half hour. It will kill all pests however It will not cure a fungal infection. For that then it would require peroxide and possibly a furan 2 treatment neither of which i have done or had to do yet.

To answer your question the process would be interceptor for the first 5 1/2 hours which is little to no stress with a small airstone and pump. In the last 1/2 hour you would subject them to the more stressful routine of either betadine or the above reccomended freshwater dip/peroxide.

Jay its rodi water.

For me i treat the softies the same as sps with no problems.

pvh the reccomended quarantine based on the life cycle of most pests is 45 days. It was reccomended to me to continually betadine dip my zoas 1 a week for a 6 week period in case any eggs hatched.

And one more question, I know it's been beat to death but is the target brand of the betadine a.k.a. Povidone-Iodine Solution the same as the expensive regular betadine. I've heard the inactive ingredients are different but I can't seem to get a definate answer. I can just as easily return it for the regular betadine, but if I dont have to, then I wont.

It's kind of like vicadins and other prescription drugs........The name brand packs more of a punch. I wouldn't trust it. Betadine will last you quite a while.

Back