What Bulb's?

sdesi2005

Non-member
I have a T5 fixture on my 72Bow. I love the Actinics, they are the super blues. Great bulbs. The Day light bulbs however are kind of yellow. They say they are 10K's. What kind of bulbs can I get to get rid of the yellow tint? I believe I have AVI bulbs currently. Where can you get them?

Steve, daylight/sun bulbs are 6500k, it's the aquablues that are 10000k.

I recently changed from 6500k to 10000k and like the general coloration much better (plus, it improved the colors of some corals, namely the blues/purples, and some greens).

Nuno

I have 2 atinics. 2 11ks, and 2 blue plus over my tank. I recently swapped me 6500ks for the 11ks its a much whiter look. I bought mine from Reefgeek.com but I think CRA has T5 bulbs

I have been reading a lot about different bulb combinations used when dealing with T5's. Currently I have (4) 54W Suns and (2) Blue Plus. I feel that I have too many Sun lamps. I am thinking of changing to this combination, let me know what you think:

(2) Sun
(1) Aqua Blue
(3) Blue Plus

sch1013 said:
I have 2 atinics. 2 11ks, and 2 blue plus over my tank. I recently swapped me 6500ks for the 11ks its a much whiter look. I bought mine from Reefgeek.com but I think CRA has T5 bulbs

Personally I don't like the yellow of the sun bulbs at all. I'm by no means an expert on T5 bulbs, but I would get rid of the suns, and add an atinic and maybe another blue plus. I don't know what fixture you have but I can turn on/off the four middle bulbs and 2 end bulbs independently, I have the atinics on the ends so I turn them on first in the morning and last at night a few hours after the main lights, they really make the corals flourece(sp.) nicely

I personally tried the combo of 2 11000k bulbs and 2 blue plus bulbs and thought they were too white....almost too bright. I ended up with 1 sun, 1 1100k and 2 blues at the end when I was running T5s only....all overdriven. I think with the sun bulbs, you get more growth also. I always wanted to switch one blue for an actinic but never got around to it.

Back