what is the best size sump/refu I can fit in a bow?

I wouldn't spend much time worrying about what the sump looks like unless you plan to display it. In my opinion, simply buy the biggest sump that you can house and afford. I use an ADHI sump (acrylic) because it is lightweight and has three compartments where I can house a skimmer, refugium and return pump.

I found a few good sumps on te F/S theads but I want to get a 20 arclyic sump I saw at CRP $100 bucks tho ?

I setup a 90gal bow about 2 1/2 years ago and the sump was a major design 'issue' at the time. In order to fit other equipment in the cabinet I wanted the sump to fit against the right side of the cabinet. The the front-to-back insode dimension is a bit over 12.5in in the corner. I couldn't find any sumps that narrow that were as big as I wanted so I ended up building an acrylic sump myself. It's 34L x 16.5H x 12.5D and includes a refugium.

I don't have plans per se but if you IM me your email address I'll send you some pics and the dimensions of the various parts. What skimmer will you be using? Do you know its footprint? That's important.

Back