What reef related activity will you be doing this weekend?

Trying to raise the ph of my 20 gallon since getting back into my house with the spray foam insulation it really sealed up the house and ph has suffered. So working on running a line outside and to my skimmer and potentially hacking apart a hob filter to make into a refugium.

On the 40 breeder it’s cycled has two clowns in it still need to finish the stand and canopy. I picked up a sump so trying to figure out that as it will be my first sort of.

I picked up a 60 gallon cube complete setup with a sump yesterday. I water tested both, fresh coat of paint on the stand now just have to clean everything up and it’ll be ready to become my wife’s seahorse tank. I’ve never done a sump before so quite nervous to be honest any tips tricks advice lmk lol.

I have a lot to do today/tomorrow! I have 2 clowns, a watchman goby, blue hippo, purple and yellow tang that have all completed a 2 week copper QT. Time to get them out of QT and into some clean water! I also get to plumb up my 125 tomorrow and I still don't have enough RO to get it going. Making water as we speak. Big weekend!

Setting up a new frag tank. If only I could keep it this squeaky clean.
fragSystem2.jpg

Trying to raise the ph of my 20 gallon since getting back into my house with the spray foam insulation it really sealed up the house and ph has suffered. So working on running a line outside and to my skimmer and potentially hacking apart a hob filter to make into a refugium.

On the 40 breeder it’s cycled has two clowns in it still need to finish the stand and canopy. I picked up a sump so trying to figure out that as it will be my first sort of.

I picked up a 60 gallon cube complete setup with a sump yesterday. I water tested both, fresh coat of paint on the stand now just have to clean everything up and it’ll be ready to become my wife’s seahorse tank. I’ve never done a sump before so quite nervous to be honest any tips tricks advice lmk lol.
Just grabbed some flatworm exit myself! Those frags are in a 10g at the moment..

Musical chairs of fish almost done over here! Waiting for the water to clear up a little and then the last 2 tangs are out of QT. Still need to plumb up the new tank but, making progress over here!
Hope everyone is getting sh** done! Lol

I got a phyto culture going to feed my pod cultivation. Pods are in the two containers on the left, the nano phytoplankton on the right. I used cereal storage containers to house everything. Lighting is on a smart plug. I put filter floss in each pod container for easy extraction and transfer to my tanks

Attachments

• 20230319_104558.jpg
    20230319_104558.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230319_104819.jpg
    20230319_104819.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 52
Moved a few corals around and did a water change. Sand always gets nasty! I siphon every change but admittedly not frequently enough. What does everyone use to keep sand clean? It’s fairly fine <1 mm with some bigger ~3 mm mixed in

I have (had?) a few Nassarius. What about a sand sifting star? Or a goby?

Back