white cloudy water

eddie pr

Non-member
hi i got a consern on my 55g reef tank have been having this white cloudy water . if i seeit from the front glas almost dont notice .but if i look trought the side of the tank (where the view trought the 48"long) then i notice the white cloudy water . if i do a 10g water change it clear up for a day or two but come back .now tod was calcium precypitation i test my water with red sea kit for calcium and alk. ..... calcium 440ppm ... alk 9 dkh magnesium 1420 ppm . now i do use kalkwasser on my top off water .i use 5 tablespons for 5 gallon top off water ( i use about 4oz of vinager to diluate the kalk ).so i decide to lower the kalk dose to tree tab. and only results in lower my values of calsium and alk. but the cloudy water still there .. my nitrate remain on 0.50 so less than 1ppm .can that be the vinager to be too moch ? i do 4 water change a month first week 5 gallons second week 10gallons 3 week 5g and the forth week 10gallons . any tods that can ilustrate me how to get cristal clear water please ? thanks

yes i have a reef dinamyc ins80 protein skimmer ...jebaowp25 and jebaowp10 and inoff surface agitation

Do you use rodi water ? You could try adding 100% polyester fiber fill into your sump where it can be contained and a majority of sump water will flow through it. The polyester could probably clear it up well but it should be changed out for fresh polyester once a week. If you do this method when you change the fiber out have a empty five gallon bucket ready, pull out the fiber gently and place in the five gallon bucket, put the new fiber then gently squeeze the old fiber water out into then new fiber , this way you don't loose total water volume and drop your salinity because you think your topping off for evaporation losses due too the water left behind in the old floss if you didn't squeeze it out back into the sump.

If you are dosing vinegar then what you are probable seeing is bacteria blooms one of the reasons I stopped dosing vinegar . but if you stop you have to do it slow or you will crash the tank running carbon will help clear it up for sure but you have to change the carbon within 4-5 days max . and you don't need to use it constantly once a month or so is fine . if not less . .

well reefstarter .i was about to stop it .the vinager dose at all good that you said not to stop it as fast . and yea i dont use sock filter i use polyester floss on my drain and i do squese before take it off .at least good to know im doing someting good.i realy dont know why i start dosing vinager with my water change schedrule i think is inoff plus i run gfo also thank you all now im sure is bacteria bloom

Back