Will Acans and Maze brain corals sting each other?

new2saltyfish

Non-member
Wondering if acans and maze brains will fight if put too closely together. I ask because i have a decent sized maze brain and not too far next to it i have a small acan garden. I love the acans and the brain but the brain does have very long tentacles that come out every so often. The flow seems to keep the tentacles away from the acans but i'd rather not chance it without an answer. Does anyone know if they'll fight, or can they touch each other with no problems? Thanks for any replies and help.

Well the acans can't touch the brain, but the brain does have LONG tentacles that could probably touch the acans if that makes sense...you think the tentacles from the brain wont hurt the acans?

The maze brain will throw out it's tentacles at night and will destroy the acans. Acans are wuss compare to many other LPS.
Chalice, however, will take out the maze brain and most of everything else.

I think it also depends what kind of acans. I've had acan echinata and they've destroyed anything within their tentacles reach. Zoas, yumas, frogspawn and duncans were all killed by that one acan

The maze brain will throw out it's tentacles at night and will destroy the acans. Acans are wuss compare to many other LPS.
Chalice, however, will take out the maze brain and most of everything else.

well, anyone interested in a Maze brain? LOL. Last thing i want is to hurt my acans. Guess it has to go. Thanks for the help!

I had an acan next it my maze brain. I can say from experience that the maze brain took a beating. Half of the maze brain was killed off.

Back