Wireless jebao pumps

The pumps are not wireless at all. The controllers can be set for wireless communication from one to another.

correct, the big improvement is it no longer as narrow as the WPs, much wider mouth will improve tank flow. Ordering the 15s for my 90.

Well you can link pumps together so that makes it wireless to a certain extent. But I agree not totally wireless. Brian like you said I think they just made the mouth wider and decide to add "wireless" to give people a reason to upgrade.

I wouldn't say they are essentially the same as a vortech either. Vortechs have like 7 different modes and have zero wires or motors in the tanks. Therefore creating less a chance of stray voltage and less heat transfer than any other pump on the market. They are also wireless, and with the recent release of reef link, completely programmable based on schedules. That granular control is something that nobody else has with their pumps. People keep comparing these to vortechs, but they are more easily comparable to a koralia.

Ofcourse they're not fully wireless. How would you send electircity to the pump itself without wires? Lol.
It's wireless in the same aspect as the "wireless" EcoTech Vortech.

You have one outlet supplying power, and then two or more controllers that run in sync to make a nice wave action.

That being said however, I owned the WP-10 for half a year and absolutely LOVED it. Awesome price, great flow, very adjustable. Quiet. Reliable.

Personally, I liked it even better than my old Voretch. And much more than my old Sicce Voyager.

I took apart one of the wp-40, the internal design is not similar to Tunze, for matter of fact, I think they are much better build than a tunze in terms of durability of the prop and shaft.

I've never personally taken apart a Tunze, but I can attest, the build quality inside the Jebao was a VERY big surprise to me.
They're actually far more high quality than one may think so I totally agree with dz6t there.

Ceramic shaft, thick plastic, and might of just been me, but the pump seemed to attract far less algael growth compared to when I had a Vortech.
And they're fairly safe against sucking in livestok too. Never had a prop seize or run backwards or anything.

That being said, ofcourse, I still cleaned it well every month as routine maintenance to make sure it operated in top shape, as should everyone with every pump.

I took apart one of the wp-40, the internal design is not similar to Tunze, for matter of fact, I think they are much better build than a tunze in terms of durability of the prop and shaft.

Good point Dong. I was referring more to the shape, flow amounts, and controls compared to Tunze rather than the internals. Thanks for clarifying :)

yes, the shape is confusing and they should really make the pump in another shape, which is not rocket science.

I have to 2 WP10 and the Twin Controller on my 40 breeder. Wonder if I can just order 2 RW-8 pumps?

From what I see it seems you'd need the two controllers specifically for the two RW, but I think you can run both controllers off one power supply. Idk they're English is so awful I find myself going cross-eyed reading they're info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

The 15s just arrived at my door, I will take pictures of then side by side vs the WP25s there is a large difference in the mouth for sure.

Ok here is the side by side 15s against the WP25s.
20140527_222241.jpg20140527_222234.jpg

They're where I got mine from. Fast shipping and had no complaints.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Ditto, I have had good interactions with them. I have never had a problem so I can not comment on customer service, but they were responsive to an email or two I sent them (just a little difficult to completely understand sometimes). You may want to talk to Love the Reef as I think they carry Jabao products locally and were priced fairly competitively (last I checked).

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back