Zoas eating nudis...

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
Staff Member
BRS Member
Well my zoas haven't been opening up for a few days and I was in the chat room link removedand was asking the almighty zoas man himself (PVH) and others what would cause this and the actinics came on and I decided to go look at the zoas myself.

Come to find out I see a few creatures crawling around some of the zoas. They were easy to see under the actinic lights (they glow) They look like snails w/o a shell and have tentacles on their backs (pic to follow) I've seen sporatic ones on the front panel of the tank and always just suck them up with a turkey baster and feed them to Wayne Newton (falco hawkfish in FOWLR tank) and he mows them down for a snack.

Well I took out all the zoas and stuck them in a spec container and sucked off 6 of them :: Then did a freshwater dip then a 10 min iodine dip and sucked off about 4-5 more :eek:

I also noted that they seemed to be still alive after the 10 min iodine dip but they died after I sucked them off the zoas while they were in a bottle.

So I triple checked the good zoas I got from PVH (blow pop and radioactive) which was easy because they were so flat and stuck them back in the tank. But I had to put the multicolored zoas (http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showpost.php?p=615029&postcount=2) into the FOWLR because they just had too many crevices for these stupid nudi's to still be in and I obv don't want them on the few nice zoas I do have...

Anyways just felt like sharing... I'll keep everybody updated on how the zoas are doing...

Last edited by a moderator:
opppppps forgot to post some pics of the little suckers...

Attachments

• zoas nudi2.jpg
    zoas nudi2.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 100
  • zoas nudi.jpg
    zoas nudi.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 100
Peter they're dead...

And for the record when I said I tripled checked the zoas I got from PVH I didn't mean I thought I got them from him I just meant that I only really cared about the zoas I got from him and wanted to make sure I got the nudi's off them...

If they pop up in the FOWLR I'll def save you one...

Peter I just checked in on both tanks. The zoas in the DT are opening up much better than they were and it's only been a few hours. The ones in the FOWLR haven't opened but the lights just came on.

I'll tell Kim to keep and eye out for them... We'll get you some of these suckers!

Back