zoas problem

newfish

newfish
here are some pics of it green stuff on zoas there not opening and they are dissapearing

Attachments

• Img0976.jpg
    Img0976.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 443
How long have you had them?
Looks like some kind of fungus which in most cases will wipe out the entire colony.If that is what it is you could try an iodine dip and then place the colony in an area of decent flow,it is unusual to save them though IME.
Maybe some zoo experts will chime in,i am not one of them :)
- Liam.

there are only about ten or so open from the whole colony. I have not tried any dip because no one has had luck with saving them. I should have known something bad had to happen its been going to good

heres a crazy idea. maybe the green stuff is alge and the hermit crabs and snails are feeding on the alge and causing the poylps to close.

May be give the colony to the guy who want to kill his zoas.

I ordered some zoos that had something like that on them when they come in last year. watch them if it is spreading you need to remove all the zoos that have it on them and move the to a QT tank. it will spread to your other zoos. I don't no if it is the same thing I had but if it is they will all slowly die.

I'm loosing them all. Is it going to kill all the zoas around it but not touching?
So if anyone has idea on what to do

This is going on with some of mine. I lost a colony and my reds next to it are looking infected too. I dont have a quarentine, so I can move them to my sump instead? will it still spread?

Fungus....A hydrogen peroxid dip will kill the fungus and give the zoa's a boost...do it ASAP before its to late for them...alot of times the zoa's will re-open unless they've been infected to long. 10% h202 to 90% tank water

I am going to try to dip one of my zoas colony that got infected with white fungus with peroxide tomorrow. I'll post how it's doing after the dip.

jovreef said:
Fungus....A hydrogen peroxid dip will kill the fungus and give the zoa's a boost...do it ASAP before its to late for them...alot of times the zoa's will re-open unless they've been infected to long. 10% h202 to 90% tank water

How long do you "dip" them?

I did it yesterday but didnt know how long to do it for. I didnt notice any changes.
Is this something I should do each day until I see improvemtn?

Can anyone tell me if this fungus will infect other softies or just zoas. I only lost one colony and I am dipping any others that look suspect. How long do I dip and can/should I do it several times.
Someone please help.

I believe its 15 min a time and 2 or 3 times to work for already infected corals. It should not spread to anything else but zoa's. How is it looking so far?

Jovreef, thanks for your quick reply. They seem to be staple, but not out of the woods. Is it okay to keep the corals it in my main tank or is a quarentine necessary? I moved my corals that I dipped into the sump just so they arent near anything else. The three colonies effected were very close to each other.
My alk is low, can this be part of the problem?
Laura

Back