Zoas stay closed, need help

Bitingthesun

Non-member
Hi everyone,

So I've been collecting a lot of zoas last few months, and I've got some real nice ones. But slowly, over that last few weeks, They've stopped opening for some reason. Most of them. I'll see them trying to open but then they'll just close up again. I'm starting to worry.

they don't seem to be eaten, I've stared at them with my magnifier and i can't see any sundials or flatworms or nudis. No obvious fungi or algea

can anyone suggest anything to save my new but growing collection?

thanks in advance

~kevin

I did one when i got them all, I always do.

but no, not since, it would be quite a project since they're all glued to larger rocks now, but I'd try if i had no other choice

I've had some of mine stay closed for days at a time and reopen like nothing happened. Have you tested the water?

I did test a when it started, I'm going to test again as soon as I get home.

but I'm sure everything's pretty close

Have you tried the 10 to 1 tank water to hydrogen peroxide dip yet? dip for 10 minutes. It will help if there is not something eating the zoa's.

I remember you telling me that jovreef, I was hoping not to have to take the tank apart and dip everything, but if i have to i have to

1 part H30 and 10 parts tank water?

I'll try some of the worst ones tonight..

I noticed my tubs and some others trying to open last night so I didn't touch anything. Just got ready for another water change tonight.

nope, just zoas

it's weird, because i have most of them on one side of the tank, and a few on the other, the ones by themselves are fine

but i don't see anything

Back