Zoo Discolor!!!

niakon22

Reefer
hey guys.. some of my zoos are dis colored to brown now.. and they were green... I here a thing about DIP.. how is that process done.. if somoen can help me it would be helpful thanksss

Almost 100% sure lighting. Brown is the easiest color for the coral to turn under dim lighting. There is a scientific explanantion but I can't explain it right.

I have palys from the same mother colony all over the tank.... each have changed to a different color in accordance to where they are situated and how much light that area receives.

hey guys.. some of my zoos are dis colored to brown now.. and they were green... I here a thing about DIP.. how is that process done.. if somoen can help me it would be helpful thanksss
Is there anything on the Zoanthids, mucous, fungus, algea? Are they open or closed? How long ago did it start?

Again just because a coral turns brown does not always mean it is unhealthy. One of the pros will explain but it has something to do with the zooxanthellae in the tissue and light, as well as certain parameters like alk so they all should be checked just in case.

Try moving the coral closer to the light before you do a dip.

Back