zoo fungus...can it spread?

TomD

Non-member
One of my zoos has been having problems since I got it from an LFS. It eventually stopped opening and there were no nudis/sundials.

I dipped it and now (almost 2 weeks later) some are opening. Even the ones opening don't look that hot.

If this zoo has some fungus...can it spread to other zoos?? I want to give it a chance but I love my zoos and would be very upset to have any of the others get infected.

Thanks

to answer your ? yes a fungus can spread to your other colonies
? s 4 u what kinda dip did you do and what does the colony look like now?
is it possible to get a close pic even if it is outta water
sometimes a fungus or parasite will settle UNDER the zoa mat in which case it is a lot harder tosee if the mat is black at all and has a funky smell the only way I have found of a possible save is to cut out all infected area and 2-3 healthy polyps along the rim use a peroxide dip then place in a lower light lowerflow area for a couple weeeks..
if no smell and you are experiance a funky fuzzy growth over your zoas u can do either a fresh water dip orperoxide dip again getting rid of any zoas that are blacking up and pinching
I am going threw it rite now with my irridecentss outta about 100 polyps I have 4 leftthat are looking like they may pull threw the only colony outta 70 that hada problem with the tank move and started fuzzing out
zoa to me when they get a fungus are worse than any SPS disease out there
good luck

Just a suggestion - you should wear eye protection when handling zoos. Some people got squirted in the eye and regretted not having protection.

Back