Search results

1. janda

Free Piece of live rock and sand

I have one piece of live rock and lots of live sand if anyone is interested. GONE Rock is approx. 10 lbs., and was part of base structure so nothing really on it in terms of growth. Also for free is some pieces left in the fuge but they are just rubble really. Live sand is approx. 2' - 2...
  2. janda

Hippo and Yellow tang compatability?

Looking to add a Hippo tang to my tank that is 5-6" and healthy from a club member. I currently have a 5" yellow in my 125 6' tank. Does anyone have any thoughts on the outcome? The yellow is the dominate fish. Others in the tank are a pair of clowns, 6 line, green chromis, red lip blennie...
  3. janda

Loud sump help

The drains into the sump are really loud. The tanks overflows are quiet and the AGA standpipes seem ok. The water noise when it reaches the sump is pretty loud. The tank is an AGA 125 with the two 1" overflows. Sump is in the stand. Pump is an Eheim 1260, 635 GPH but I'm guessing with head...
  4. janda

Help choosing a skimmer

I want to buy a skimmer but need some guidance. What I'm planning is; 125 RR tank, 30 gallon sump with Ehiem 1260. (635 gph) Start with softies and eventually mixed reef. Fish load moderate to heavy. Thought I'd put skimmer in sump but not sure. Max height inside cabinet will be 31"...
  5. janda

Tank Life Expectancy

How long do they last do you think? Been shopping around for a new 125 and when they ask about my current tank, a 16 year old 55, they say it's past due. Should I worry? AGA built and silicone all seems fine, but every time the kids come jumping by (they don't seem able to walk) I wonder...
Back