10 months with LED's...pic heavy comparison

niftyjosh

Non-member
Like the title states, I've owned EcoTech Radions for over 10 months and I figured I would put some pics up from then, and now.

Some of the coral pics will be the full 10 months while others will only be 4 months.

FTS first day having LED's
80856833.jpg

FTS now
fts.jpg

Setosa
46608546.jpg

setosa.jpg

Very nice. Is it just leds, or are you running T5's too? There is another thread where led reefers are switching back to T5 and MH. I recently bought a used led tank, but I already regret it. My gut instinct told me to stick with T5's.

No supplemental t5/MH. I think with LEDs, the key is being able to have 100% control and a decent spectrum contribution.

I have never had problems with any coral nor have I ever acclimated any frags to the lights coming from t5/MH tanks.

Thanks for your compliments.

Beautiful tank. Nice to see the LEDs growing coral well. I had a recent post going back to halides from LED, but I really think my problem was that I made my LED kit. Not that LEDs are bad.

Your setosa photos are different. With the growth pattern I'd almost say that is some other type of monti. Never seen that kind of growth on a Setosa before. Either way, that is a really beautiful coral.

Sold to me by a member and that's what he called it so I've just been running with it. Was very sensitive at first but now it solid as a rock.

Pretty much first or second favorite in the tank.

I had the same experience with a Setosa under LED's, touch and go at first, can't kill the thing now. Im am by no means an expert so it very well may be, just looked different to me. Very cool growth pattern on it. Very undata-esque

Back