110 gal cube

Rentalcoot

Non-member
I'm finally upgrading from a 54 corner to I decided a 110 custom cube tank. I'm purchasing it next week. My question is I have a 20 gal sump right now. Would that be sufficient enough or would you recommend bigger. Already upgraded my skimmer from local reefer, a life reef and upgrading my lights from Archit. If I can figure out how to post pics on her ill start a build thread. I'm extremely excited!

Get as big a sump as you can fit and afford; there's no such thing as too large of a sump.
A 20 will suffice if that's all you can swing but make sure it at least houses your equipment.

Thanks. Can get a bigger one but just bought this one. Was not expecting to upgrade so fast. All equipment fits

Get as big a sump as you can fit and afford; there's no such thing as too large of a sump.
A 20 will suffice if that's all you can swing but make sure it at least houses your equipment.

I disagree with this. Get a sump that you can house all the needed equipment sufficiently and no more. If you want to add volume for stability, add it to the display tank where you can actually use it to house corals and fish. Remember, when you do water changes, more water in your system will require a larger change.
I personally think a standard 20gallon long tank is plenty of sump room for a 110g.

I believe a larger sump is better. Here is why
1.adaptability. Needs change and extra room makes it easier to change/add stuff later.
2.i like to have a large enough return chamber to do water changes with out effecting the display nor have to turn off any equipment.
3. Extra room for more live rock. I don't like a lot in the display so it needs to go somewhere.
Just my thoughts

There is more to a larger sump as well.

Keep in mind water volume, consistancy in regards to swings up or down.

I am sure others will chime in as well in regards to chemistry etc.

Back