29 bio cube

SCHUYLERDR

Non-member
I have a bio cube. I am have a problem with the water. It always has what looks like little pieces of debris constantly floating around. When i try to use the bio cube filter insert it just clogs up and stops the water flow. I appreciate any help or information.

David

check out this web site intankmedia.com buy yourself the media rack,it works awesome. any ?'s let me know. Thanks, Peter

I have a 29 Gallon Bio Cube... there are several mods you can make.

1.) Clip off a 1/2" x 1/2" piece of plastic on the left side of were the filter slides in - this will let flow go by if it gets too dirty.
2.) Change the pump to a Maxi Jet 1200 for more flow.
3.) Take out the Bio balls...add a Sapphire Skimmer to the middle section - they fit perfect ( I have an extra one if interested).
4.) Mod the Lighting - using a kit from Nano Customs.
5.) Drill the back and add a sump... the back wall can be drilled - DO NOT Drill the bottom glass though.
6.) The intank mod is cool (by gonorth16) - but you could make it yourself with eggcrate.
7.) I have a few more mods I have done if interested....

I agree the stock filter system is a disaster expensive and restricts the water flow. The light modification depends on what corals you like some require it others don't need it.

Back