36x18 sump?

ScottM

Non-member
anyon out there have a tank thats 36x18"? i need to get a tank for ryans sump and want to get the biggest possible. he has an aga stand ande i have not measured it yet.

thoughts?

will 1/4 acrylic from HD be good enough for an acrylic ~34 x ~17 sump?

No acrylic from Home Depot is good enough for a sump. You need cast acrylic and all they sell at HD is extruded. 40 and 30 breeders are 36"Lx18"w with 16" and 12" heights.

Another thing to think about is that an acrylic sump needs time to cure before it's filled. I really doubt that a sump could be built, tested and put in use in such short amount of time.

dedfish said:
40 and 30 breeders are 36"Lx18"w with 16" and 12" heights.

the tank needs to fit in a stand that is 36x18. the inner dimensions are smaller

29 is the biggest you can fit under a 36x18. That is how big my stand is. I've been trying to get one used for my 40breeder for a few weeks, but the person who said they had one isn't responding to me right now. If you decide to go with a 29 then let me know if you find one cheaper than the $50 petco wants.

I used a 20g long under my 65g....Not as tall as the 29g, allows me to get the skimmer in and out easy.

Back