4x65WPC actinic VS 2x110 VHO URI

Duds said:
replace t-5 1 year $80
total: $80

and the electricity cost for t-5's is a lot better

how many T5's you replacing, Four?
if you're running 4 T'5 then the electric cost would be the same as 2 VHO's?

think i'm missing something from your examples there.:rolleyes:

Triggerfish said:
how many T5's you replacing, Four?
if you're running 4 T'5 then the electric cost would be the same as 2 VHO's?

think i'm missing something from your examples there.:rolleyes:
well he said that if he got the t-5s he would be running 4 didnt he or did i misread??, if i did then it would be $40 in one year and the electric cost is a lot cheaper for t-5s, vho $80 in one year and more expensive electricity wise
Thanks
Duds

Duds.. Not sure the VHO's are really 6 month replacement cycle. I have heard 9-14 months for them as well.

Regarding cheaper electric costs for t5, only if you use the same number of bulbs. BUT 1 T5 is not as bright as 1 VHO. it's roughly half the light output. It's also about 1/4 the diameter.

JeremyAN7 said:
BUT 1 T5 is not as bright as 1 VHO. it's roughly half the light output. It's also about 1/4 the diameter.
This statement is not true. The light output is not proportion to the diameter. a 54w t-5 has the similar light (or more if use the right reflector) output of a 110w VHO. I don' t see any reason to use VHO unless you get them for dirt cheap or free. Also, the 6 month replacement cycle of VHO is a well established fact.

I'd love to see facts corroborating that statement. I simply do not belive that T5's are 100% more efficient (twice the lumens/watt) than VHO's. Also I have seen conflicting information about replacement times, including for T5's which I've seen to be replaced in shorter durations as well. I think it's probably all marketing hype and they all perform more closely than we think.

There is no significant technological difference between the 3 formats. They are all charged-gas induced phosphor-photonic flouorescent lights. Hmm

Back