50 gal mixed reef

No visible change this morning but will keep watching.

I’ll may try fluconazole if this really fails since I’ve had it work for months or more. But the 2 times I’ve tried it I had dinoflagellates show up after, and right now the Bryopsis is nowhere near that annoying. Or maybe a small foxface but there’s other issues there. Outgrowing the tank, nipping at LPS, etc. Urchin maybe?
I hear you. I just got over a 6 month battle with dinos and I'm also hesitating a bit to use the Reef Flux. I'm waiting for the bryopsis to annoy me into dosing. There's only so many times I can reach in and manually remove this stuff before I just say to heck with it...

1 mL of 6% H2O2 didn’t have any visible effect on the Bryopsis after 48 hrs. So next I tried 5 mL last night. Pics aren’t great; need to clean the glass. But 5 mL was a huge success!

Before
CE5F43E0-E9A0-49EF-8971-5EC9C76A5BA0.jpeg

During, I could see bubbles forming of oxygen under the bell.

12 hours after, that patch looks bare. Fish and corals seem unaffected. Some hermits and lettuce nudibranch are interested, maybe eating the dying strands.
3EFA73A1-6EBB-4C4B-8B41-204CA35BA284.jpeg

No visible change this morning but will keep watching.

I’ll may try fluconazole if this really fails since I’ve had it work for months or more. But the 2 times I’ve tried it I had dinoflagellates show up after, and right now the Bryopsis is nowhere near that annoying. Or maybe a small foxface but there’s other issues there. Outgrowing the tank, nipping at LPS, etc. Urchin maybe?
Maybe you could be better off with a larger capacity syringe.

Maybe you could be better off with a larger capacity syringe.

Yeah 5 ml was way more effective. I’m not sure what a safe max dose of H2O2 might be to go bigger. But scaling up the bell and syringe would probably be just as effective

From what I read it’s pretty quick process. It reacts to organics and since our tanks water is full of it it doesn’t last long but anything it touches directly it can harm. Just turn off pumps while doing this and only do upto what your tank can take per day.

Got back a few days ago from a week celebrating a friends wedding in Europe. Fantastic! ...to find:

Tanks are fine! Some frags bulldozed over but alive, even noticed some growth on SPS tips. Only casualty was a lettuce nudibranch... Fast forward to last night, I saw her cruising around in my sump! As I went to gently pick her up, she got knocked loose and started floating toward skimmer pump intake... :oops:

But, with hands still in the sump, I was able to shut off the skimmer in about 2 seconds via smart power strip: "Alexa, skimmer off!" Nudi rescued, no harm. Really a useful way to enact cheap instrument controls, highly recommend.

Might have some mild dinos brewing, so I've added UV on for now. Hopefully stays minimal.

Got back a few days ago from a week celebrating a friends wedding in Europe. Fantastic! ...to find:

Tanks are fine! Some frags bulldozed over but alive, even noticed some growth on SPS tips. Only casualty was a lettuce nudibranch... Fast forward to last night, I saw her cruising around in my sump! As I went to gently pick her up, she got knocked loose and started floating toward skimmer pump intake... :oops:

But, with hands still in the sump, I was able to shut off the skimmer in about 2 seconds via smart power strip: "Alexa, skimmer off!" Nudi rescued, no harm. Really a useful way to enact cheap instrument controls, highly recommend.

Might have some mild dinos brewing, so I've added UV on for now. Hopefully stays minimal.
Nice save. I’m also implementing smart plugs instead of Apex. What it lacks in monitoring, it excels in cost and Alexa integration. I have whole routines that can be scheduled, manually turned on or run with Alexa.

Yeah the possibilities are huge. Even easy stuff like when I turn off my return pump it turns off the skimmer to avoid overflowing. Water change mode, feeding, plus control from anywhere.

Back