A question for local coral vendors

Patrick.S

Non-member
My new build which I’ll be beginning at the end of October will be sps dominant. On the upside I have loads of patience. Unfortunately I have prime rib tastes and a chuck roast budget. I was wondering if any local vendors,especially those who specialize in acros, would cut very small frags of slightly “higher end” corals for a reasonable price. Not expecting homewrecker for $20 bucks obviously. Just a few small bright acros I could watch grow.

For fresh cut, I can definitely do that. That way I will still have the coral to grow back.

Please let me know when you want to drop by.

Thanks
Dong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! In your experience, do fresh cuts have a much lower survival rate? If tank parameters are similar would it likely be fine?

For sps, it is fine for fresh cut, the frags will need more time to heal and adjust to their new environment.
For LPS, fresh cut is more troublesome if the cut damage its polyps.

Also, can make cheaper fresh cut frags anytime.
But also have very affordable fully heeled frags, as well.
Just depends on what you are looking for.

Hey Patrick, I know you won’t be looking to buy any corals quite yet but take a look at some of the acros I Posted this week under Granite State Aquatics in the sponsors forum. I have lots of big frags reasonable priced and can also make fresh cuts if your looking for smaller pieces. Thanks Josh

Oh believe me, I’ve seen your post and the wonderful corals with really good prices! I’ll definitely hit you up when the time is right. I think I actually met you at a NH frag swap meet last November. Am I remembering correctly?

Oh believe me, I’ve seen your post and the wonderful corals with really good prices! I’ll definitely hit you up when the time is right. I think I actually met you at a NH frag swap meet last November. Am I remembering correctly?

That’s right, I remember you now. Yes you picked up a few pieces from me at the swap. I’m hosting another Fragswap the last Sunday in September the 29th 1-3pm if you want to stop up again. Thanks, Josh

Back