Adjustable Cable Hanging Kit

higorc

Call me IGOR :)
It is turning harder than I thought to find an adjustable Cable Hanging Kit to hang a canopy I am building :mad: I have looked at HD, Electrical store, even online and can't seem to find something I can just buy the parts and custom make it for the length and strength I need. I am going to Grainger after work today to see what they have but I am not holding my breath on them either...

Everything I find is pre-made for a certain type of fixture. Does anybody know where I can find a hanging kit or parts to do something like this? It needs to be able to handle up wards of 100lbs.

IMAG0104_zps84ca71c5.jpg

IMAG0105_zpsb5899826.jpg

IMAG0106_zps2cb1c557.jpg

IMAG0107_zpseaef8871.jpg

Thanks
Higor

I find grainger to be waay overpriced for the grade you are looking for and it could end up runnng you quite a bit! I'm an elevator constructor by trade and for specialty fasteners and the like, I go to FranDan on third st in cambridge. The guys there arent the most friendly but they sort hardware for a living so go figure! If you can crack their steely exteriors, they really know their stuff and you can get some quality grade stuff for a good price, hope that helps!

Try raipidled.com for the hanging kit $10
The same one that ati uses for all of their fixture

I sent them an email yestedray but I haven't heard back yet. I need to make sure their hanging kits can handle the weight of the canopy. I wouldn't want it falling on top of my new tank! :cool:

Looks good ..how do your order..?..and if the order is under $100.00 they add surcharge to make it $100.00....
I will be intrested in ordering one also just don't know prices...

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

I got a quote from GripLock last night for $65 for the hanging Kit. But I like the site you found too... I haven't ordered anything yet. I am still deciding where to order from.

Just saw a couple of those end pieces at harbor freight. Forget what they call them but they're only a couple bucks and you can make your own hanging kit

Did you ever end up finding a suitable kit..?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

I found the perfect hanging system and orded it already, everything I needed. It holds 120lbs per hanging point. The whole system was about $70. I found other cheaper ones, but for the piece of mind I rather pay a little more and not have it drop on top of my new tank! PM me if you need more info on it.

Griplocksystem_zpsc0dffb24.png

Back