AF or Cade

littlest reef

BRS Member
Hi,

I have been off the boards for about a year while my house was being rebuilt. That behind me, I have my 30 nano back up and cycling and am looking at larger tanks. I had been talking to Reef Savvy and a few similar mfgs but after spending a year being tortured by contractors I need something more readily available.

I am looking at either the AquaForest OG 980, or a Cade Altumate S2 1800. Wonder if anyone on here has any experience with these brands (specifically the tanks) understanding they are less common in the US?

I just received a CADE 2100 and the customer support throughout the process has been amazing. I went through algae barn.

I don't have either but do have the IM 200 peninsula that is great system and substantially cheaper than both listed above. Quite a few of us have them to be fair.

I will follow your thread Edward, like to see some pics when it's up.

I looked at a number of peninsulas, and my nano is an IM and I love it. Peninsula just not going to work in the room, but also I wanted a taller tank - hence Altumate.

I recently broke down my AF 435 only because I was looking for something bigger. Tank build quality was great and the stand was built really well and didn’t require assembly which was nice other thank putting on the panels. The sump was a little small but with the larger tanks that dosent appear to be a issue.

If I could do it over again I would go with a IM tank also. But between those two I would go with the CADE

Last edited:
Back