AI Prime 16HD FW Issues

I think some debris stuck under the fan and by running the fan constantly up and down, the fan freed itself.
As AI can throw an error if the fan is not running properly.
Yeah it was pretty dusty under there. I sprayed it out, but it was still doing it. So maybe it just worked its way out.

So it’s back to the old shenanigans again! Doing the exact same thing I opened it up and it seems the wiring insulation is degrading. Trying to decide if I want to replace with some silicone wiring or just order a new fan but a one year lifespan for a fan is a little short.
IMG_1283.jpeg

The discoloration of the red wire can cause by excess heat.
Can you post a photo of the label of the fan?

The discoloration of the red wire can cause by excess heat.
Can you post a photo of the label of the fan?
That is what I was thinking. I have some good wiring with silicone insulation that I could solder in place. I can take it apart again tomorrow. I’m home for the day and I left the light in the classroom.

I think it is the fan itself that is bad, discolored wire insulation is not the cause of problem.
These fan are aftermarket fans, they are not manufactured by AI, so it may go bad in a year especially under humid environment.

I think it is the fan itself that is bad, discolored wire insulation is not the cause of problem.
These fan are aftermarket fans, they are not manufactured by AI, so it may go bad in a year especially under humid environment.
I got it from AI directly. They sell aftermarket ones?

The fan is directly from AI, just like many manufacturers, they use off the shelf fans.
These fans are made by Speedy in China, it is a 20 years old company that makes all sorts of cooling fans, so consider it as a “named brand” fans.
Even ATI uses off the shelf fans.

Last edited:
The fan is directly from AI, just like many manufacturers, they use off the shelf fans.
These fans are made by Speedy in China, it is a 20 years old company that makes all sorts of cooling fans, so consider it as a “named brand” fans.
Even ATI uses off the shelf fans.
Ok good to know. I’ll order a couple more to save on shipping. Thanks for your help! I have another brand new one that the plastic on the mount broke during shipping, so I will test that one to see if it fixes the issue. Then order after that.

Is it possible to swap the mount? I never try that but I will guess that it can be done.

So swapped it out. Did the exact same thing from start up. So I don’t think it’s the fan. Was able to get it working again for now. Light itself was still flickering so I fiddled with the different channels and it seems as though the cool whites are the ones flickering. So I turned that channel all the way down to see if that helps.
IMG_1284.jpeg

Try this
Remove the lens, push the led pad down. There may be a slight loose connection.

This may indicate that one or more white led chips were over heated (hence the discoloration of the wire insulation) and start to delaminate. It creates a loose connection between the chip(s) and the board. Can you take off the lens and take a photo of the led pad?
Another place to check are the power connectors inside the light. There are two white connectors, one for the fan and one for the 24v DC power input. As white led draw the most power, a loose connection for the DC input can cause errors.

The third place to check is the power supply. If the power supply can not provide stable input at higher power (white led on), it can cause error.
You can use a 24v 2.5 amp or above AC adapter for the light.

So I think it's the power supply, If I keep the wattage at 40W or below, it doesn't flicker. As soon as I bring everything up to 100%, it starts flickering, then I think it eventually throws an error and goes into that pattern in the video.
IMG_1288.jpeg
IMG_1289.jpeg

Back