Albino Zoas?

APISTOBORELLI

Bass in pic swam away
Tell me what you think. These were given to me about a month ago. Last week the finally opened. Are they dying or an albino/whitish strain?

Pic1

Attachments

• albino 1.JPG
    albino 1.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 312
marc, r those from me? mine finally had some color returned after months of waiting, go figure..........i started putting in wkly dose of iodine, and i think it revive them!

I think Chris is right.
I had a small zoo frag in our frag tank that must have been flipped upside down by one of the hermits. When I noticed it, I flipped it back and now it's in my main tank. Started out looking similar to your pic but are regaining more color and growing bigger now.:)

-Gina

marc, r those from me? mine finally had some color returned after months of waiting, go figure..........i started putting in wkly dose of iodine, and i think it revive them!

Those are the ones. I told you I wouldn't give up on them. Thanks Gina!

I've had these zoo's forever and they are creamy white and when the actinics come on they turn orange. Of course trying to get a picture with the actinics is nearly impossible with my crappy camera.
Not sure if they are albino either.

Attachments

• albinozoo's.jpg
    albinozoo's.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 256
I've had these zoo's forever and they are creamy white and when the actinics come on they turn orange. Of course trying to get a picture with the actinics is nearly impossible with my crappy camera.
Not sure if they are albino either.

I've never seen any zoo's that are white
What kind of lights are they under?

I have some under 2x250mh's and a frag that's under PC in my frag tank. I got them with a zoo swap over at RC about a year ago.

I found an name id on Zoaid.com they are Albino Blizzard Zoo's. Too bad I was thinking they should be halloween zoo's, but those look different.

I'd move them up onto the rock a little nearer to the lights and as someone said dose with a little iodine supplement. This helps the cleaner shrimp and the crabs when they molt and will also help the color in the zoos.
Good luck,
Gladto see that you have your computer back.

Back