anemones together

kams56

Non-member
I had read on some other forum that you should not keep more than one anemone in the same tank as they would secrete some type of poisin to try and kill the other. I am wondering if this is true as I have seen many aquariums with multiple anemones, and have two anemones I would like to keep in the same tank

I don't know about that....I've got a good size carpet and a BTA in my 90 and neither move around as if they're under stress.

My reefer buddy up the road from me says he's got like 3 or 4 green bta's and a couple rbta's in the same tank with no problems.There's a couple other members here that have multiple nems in the same tank.

I have 4 GBTAs and 2 RBTAs together and I have had no issues. They have all grown quite large while sharing my tank. My GSM's like having options for where they sleep at night :)

That may be an issue with different kinds of anemones. I read it years ago, but that info may also be an artifact of the days when we knew less about nems.

I have a good dozen plus RBTAs living happily together and they have been that way for quite a few yrs.

i have a total of about 16 anemones in the same system, 3 carpets, 12 roses, and 1 green BTA i got from Grey Hiller about 2-3 months ago........ roses and 2 carpets been together for 7 years and they dont stop growing. right now i am kicking myself for downsizing from 180 to a 120 (6 foot to 4foot)........ a mistake.

Back