Any Reef Experts Able to Help out?

irishmarine

Non-member
So I got a system about 18 months ago after maybe ten years being out of the game.
It is a Red Sea s650, (180 Gallon tank)

Its a very nice setup but running a business and young family means ive less time to be able to dedicate to it compared to my single life ten years ago. I would love to just have someones help to come look at my system and tell me where I can make some upgrades. I did pay a professional store to do it, but I think theres areas I could be improved with regard to plumbing etc. I could make a really nice automated system here, I just need the guidance and wisdom. If anyone has set up pretty complex neat builds and could share their expertise I would be glad to return the favor somehow.

I am considering upgrading my RODI system, adding Maxspect Gyres, and upgrading the plumbing into the sump area and adding automated water changes. I just feel like I need the help as I dont know if I could be screwing it up.

I dont want a system that requires daily attention, I really just want something that requires supplying salt water, fresh RODI water, feeding the fish and scraping the glass! If that just aint going to happen then I need to pass on the system to someone with more time. So im at the cross road of update the system versus parting ways.

If anyone has the expertise and wouldnt mind helping please let me know. I did ask a store I was going to buy $1500-2000 worth of stuff from and they wanted $120 per hour. I just cant justify that rate in any age!

So apex systems are great for monitoring everything. I think for water changes and top offs you would want to review posts from @nemodan he has water changes and top offs fully automated. The glass scraping is going to be all on you. For chemicals a doser would be needed, or at that size tank a calcium reactor.

1200-1500 is not far off for good equipment.

What do you have now? Skimmer, refugium, live rock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

I didn’t have a problem investing that plus another grand or $1,500 ie maybe $2,500-3,000 total to make my life easier but the store wanted $120 an hour just to hook up the stuff and I just can’t live with that I feel like someone on here maybe able to help that really knows this stuff in return for something

I can handle feeding, scraping and replenishing the RODI or saltwater make up but don’t have much time for more than that to be totally honest right now

I have a custom LifeReef sump, a Refugium, a LifeReef Skimmer, absolutely tons of live rock I think I’ve too much in the display tank to be honest

So apex systems are great for monitoring everything. I think for water changes and top offs you would want to review posts from @nemodan he has water changes and top offs fully automated. The glass scraping is going to be all on you. For chemicals a doser would be needed, or at that size tank a calcium reactor.

1200-1500 is not far off for good equipment.

What do you have now? Skimmer, refugium, live rock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn't automated, you have to do every step, but is VERY easy to do the WC without any hard work and the system is simple. Nothing complex at all.

For top off I use the most simple and reliable JBJ system. I can post pictures if needed.

Cheers

Back