Any Sponsor Interested in Group IO Salt Buy for Sep Meeting?

JamisonSmith

Non-member
Hi,
Was wondering if anyone were interested in a group buy on IO Salt again similar to what Reefdom did a little while ago? If the interest is there, maybe one of the sponsors would be able to do this.

Any interest?

Jamison

Hi,
Was wondering if anyone were interested in a group buy on IO Salt again similar to what Reefdom did a little while ago? If the interest is there, maybe one of the sponsors would be able to do this.

Any interest?

Jamison

although not for meeting delivery i think aquarium gallery is doing the boxes for $35 at the moment

Just a FWIW,
and I don't mean this to be negitive in any way. This request comes up often and on the surface it looks great ....order a bunch of salt deliver it all to one meeting and be done with it. I'm sure people see this thread and think "what's wrong with them"
Well it breaks down like this:
Everyday wholesale price is actually more than that price mentioned. From time to time a wholesaler may offer a deeper discount, when this happens price goes down to about $2 less than the price mentioned. In the last group buy if I remember right there were somewhere around 60 boxes sold, @ 50# & $2 each that's hauling 3000# of salt for $120. minus pay-pal fees. Not exactly a fun saturday afternoon.
On the other hand as an in store it makes sense, no hauling, you are either earning a new customer or taking care of an existing customer...now that's a win -win.

In the last group buy if I remember right there were somewhere around 60 boxes sold, @ 50# & $2 each that's hauling 3000# of salt for $120. minus pay-pal fees. Not exactly a fun saturday afternoon.

AMEN. not to mention, thats 3000#+ off the delivery truck, into storage, then back in to several trucks to deliver.

AMEN. not to mention, thats 3000#+ off the delivery truck, into storage, then back in to several trucks to deliver.
LOL yea those guys just love "us" when the order looks like that:p
I keep DAngelos gift coupons handy for these days (no joke) It's amazing how well these drivers will take care of you if they know they are appreciated.

Thanks guys! I didn't realize it's that tight of a turn-around on the price. That is definitely a lot of work for not much pay-off. I will plan on picking up a few from AG.
Take care,

Jamison

I will be having a first come first serve group buy on IO 200 Gal. boxes. I will be ordering about 200-250 boxes. Price will be $34.99 a box. Check on my forum as I will post when the boxes will be available for pick up.

John,

you are a very sick man, but i like everything about it :D

i need to get my SUV up there to haul them back.

nichols41,

Just an FYI........
those buckets are for 160, not the 200 that John is offering.

John,

nichols41,

Just an FYI........

He his a nut's

160 gal IO bucket @ $31.99
200 gal IO Box @ $34.99

MMM :rolleyes:

Wow , thats alot of boxes of salt stacked up in the store

Come & get them everybody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John,

nichols41,

Just an FYI........

I perfer the 200 gal boxes. I just don't like paying $55- $60 for them.:rolleyes:
Also I posted this before John posted this buy.

Back