Anyone have a fish trap I could borrow?

EdR

Non-member
Hi.. I have a pair of breeding clowns in my display tank, but a large crab has found an appetite for the eggs. Pretty frustrating. I have no hope of catching the crab as there is no way I'm about tare down my entire reef, so I'm hoping I could catch the breeding pair and put them in their own tank. I wouldn't mind buying a trap online for the $55, but it sounds like people have gotten mixed results using them, and its kind of steep to shell out the $55 just to find out I wasted my money. Any help?

Thanks again to LoveTheReef.. I'll have to see when I'm heading out your way. In the mean time.. anyone in Central MA have a trap I could borrow?

Ed, can you use the glass jar trick? Tie a meaty piece of food to a rock, place I bottom of the glass and lean the glass on a rock. Turn the lights out and wait. 20 minutes, works every time. Crab slides down and can't get out. I prefer to use a mason jar.

Ed, can you use the glass jar trick? Tie a meaty piece of food to a rock, place I bottom of the glass and lean the glass on a rock. Turn the lights out and wait. 20 minutes, works every time. Crab slides down and can't get out. I prefer to use a mason jar.[/QUOTE

I got him! Just got your note this morning, but tried a DIY project with a juice container last night. I just cut the top off, inverted the top into the base, and clipped it together. I was trying to catch the clowns with it, but caught the crab instead!

Back