Anyone know where to get bottles for dosing?

Andy V

Non-member
Does anyone know where to get bottles for dosing from peristaltic pumps? I am looking for plastic bottles that have rigid tubing on the inside and a male end on the outside of the bottle cap. I can't seem to find the right keywords for Google. Thanks for the help!

I think THIS is what you are looking for, but they are kinda pricey. For a cheaper option, I just found the size/shape container I wanted from US Plastics, drilled a hole in the top, and stuck the dosing tube through. To keep it rigid and make sure the tube goes all the way to the bottom of the container, I just put the dosing tube through a stiff .5" or so piece of tube, which I cut to be a little smaller than the height of the container, if that makes sense.

US Plastics has the 'space saver' 5l bottles. Thats what I use. Drilled two holes in the cap: one for a vent and used rigid airline tubing (US Plastics has that too) for the feed. Flex airline tubing connects easily to it.

I as going to suggest usplastics.com as well. They carry just about every sort of bottle and container imaginable. The only downside is they carry so much stuff that it can be a little hard to navigate their website. (Andy, PM me your address and I'll drop a cataloge in the mail, I have about 15 of them...)

Chiswick Plastics in Sudbury has lots of plastic bags, bottles etc. Don't know if they have ones you could use for dosing. Every pharmacy has them for distilled water. I think that they just throw them away and start a new one. The old ones have just had distilled water in them and are clean. Ask the pharmacist and tell him what you are going to do with them. You might get one free.
Tom
Oceanguy

Thank you guys for the help. John, usplastics was the first place I went and I have used them many times. But the problem is exactly what you said...they have so much stuff it's difficult to navigate the site and their search function is terrible. I guess I will have to march through it!

Do you have their catalog? It's about a million times easier to go through than the website. It has pics of everything :)

I just drilled a whole in the top of a plastic Tupperware type container and stuck the tubing in. Never had a problem.

Back