Anyone know where to buy citric acid?

20gReef

Non-member
Wanted to do some pump cleaning this weekend but cant seem to find a place that sells Citric Acid in store. Amazon and ebay are at least 2 weeks out if I ordered today. I live in Blackstone, Walmart nor target seems to have it in stock other than the Ball Canning citric acid.

Use white vinegar instead if that helps.
I have always used vinegar, just seems everyone is steering away from it and using citric acid now and as its also very cheap i was trying to follow the trend i suppose. I will use vinegar if i can't grab some citric acid.

I have always used vinegar, just seems everyone is steering away from it and using citric acid now and as its also very cheap i was trying to follow the trend i suppose. I will use vinegar if i can't grab some citric acid.
Some magnets were reported to rust from vinegar, mainly the Ecotech Vortech wetside. I use citric acid on the Vortech wet sides and white vinegar on almost everything else.

I had been using vinegar long term and did find two of my 5 mp40 wetside magnets had expanded and busted the casing. Scary. I been using the citric acid since.

I use the Millard on amazon.

I had been using vinegar long term and did find two of my 5 mp40 wetside magnets had expanded and busted the casing. Scary. I been using the citric acid since.

I use the Millard on amazon.
I use Millard
also

Same here, from Amazon.
I use this brand only because I have Amazon Prime, easy and fast.

Odd, I still think vinegar does a better job. I’ve switched to mostly citric just because of cost and ease of having amazon deliver 40-50 lbs of it every few months is so easy.

I bought some on Amazon and haven't even opened the container yet. What ratio is everyone using to clean pumps with? I haven't even had time to look that up lately...

Royal exclusive said that a lot of red dragon speedy pumps were failing because people were using vinegar which was rating away at seals. Citric acid seems to be the recommendation now

Royal exclusive said that a lot of red dragon speedy pumps were failing because people were using vinegar which was rating away at seals. Citric acid seems to be the recommendation now
I am not sure about that. Unless they use some royal rubber that is more delicate than most of the other manufactures.

well, I may take it back as Toyota are more reliable than Rose Royce. There must be a reason...

Back