Anyone with experience with SR3 by CPR?

michaelmanni

Non-member
I just recieved my 29 oceanic tank after two months of waiting. I stared to cycle the tank two days ago. I put in the SR3 protein skimmer. I found a video on line on the set up and watched it but the video quality was very poor and i couldn't really see the back of the tank. It looked like they filmed it in the dark. Anyway, my question is how do I know if my cup is positioned deep enough. I opened the air valve almost all the way. I am a little CONFUSED! The bubbles are barely in the inner neck piece, maybe half way up to the top. So how exactly does this work. Is it a evaporation thing? Maybe, because I just started cycling my tank there is no waste yet, or not enough to form bubbles. I have 14lb. live rock 14lb. dead rock florescent lights I bought premixed salt water to fill tank.
While I have your attention Should I have rinced my sand? I read it in a book to rinse it out with RO water and it would reduce the cloudyness of the water. I asked the local reef store owner she said "naaa you don't have to do that". I think I should have because three days later and my water is still cloudy. I have a little extra salt water left over and I need to add a little bit more sand to my tank, I think I am going to rinse it out this time..

Thank you
Michael

Back