Apex question re setting up 90 reef

mason90

Non-member
So was wondering if anyone had an idea how to use the computer platform of apex without going online?... I thought I did it in the past just been about 2 years since used it and I thought I could just hard line Ethernet to my computer and could find the IP address? Any recommendations? Very hard to set up with only little display. Thanks Mason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need some computer network knowledge (IP settings) but you can just use a cable between computer Ethernet and apex Ethernet.
It will negotiate a standard cable if I recall no need for a true crossover I believe.

But the easiest way will be to just plug both in your home network that has DHCP running.
You can then use the built in APEX web to configure settings and don't need the online apex stuff.

You can do initial stuff through the display to get going. I believe you can get the current network settings from display. Then configure IP of computer to talk.

Hope that helps

If you can figure out the IP address of your apex, just type it into a web browser and the "Classic Dashboard" will appear. It works over wired or WI-FI ethernet.

I have a Verizon router and on the router admin screen the Apex shows up like this:

apexinfo.PNG

Nothing that particularly identifies it as the Apex.

So I know how to do it through wireless but router is to far away. I plug it in directly and turn off wifi on my computer type in the IP address in the browser but just comes up no luck every time idk if I have to do something on the computer differently I select to use Ethernet as well

To plug in directly you need to know how to set tcpip settings directly on computer to match what is required on the APEX. You have to know networking stuff it won't just work like it does with WIFI or plugging in both devices directly to the router with DHCP. You kind of need to know computer networking. The WIFI/router does all that for you in home network. To plug direct you have to manually set everything. Not easy if your not an IT person that knows that stuff.

You need a static ip for the Apex. If it's not currently on static, you need to connect it to your router somehow so you could access to the Apex unit to change the ip, you could also do this the display unit if you have one.

Next step is to connect the Apex to your pc, straight cable works fine, no need for crossover.

Next is setup the ip/subnet on the pc.

Example:
Apex ip: 10.0.0.1
Your pc: 10.0.0.2 subnet should be 255.255.255.0, leave gateway empty and that should do it.

One of the selling point for the Apex is Fusion. Usually people only do this is when they're on Wifi and need to update firmware.

Back