Apex to support mobius

JPags

BRS Member
Anyone notice this in the new release of apex firmware

includes support for the forthcoming Mobius Expansion Module (MXM)

Yep, they’ve been talking about it since September but no date was announced for the MXM as far as I know. It’s been posted on Bulk Reef Supply as “coming soon” for a while now, so hopefully with the AOS update it gets released soon!

Lol. Mobius is a POS with the Ecotech devices. 99% of the time, it has a hard time connecting to all the devices.
When I have people over and want to turn on the lights on the tank, half of it would turn on and the other half not.

Purpose of it is to control AI and Ecotech devices through Apex. Not sure how well it will work though but we will see.

I am hoping that I can control my Vectra pump directly and maybe move my lights to the new module and get rid of the old module I use to control them. Just want everything controlled by Apex.

I just read this whole thread and didn’t understand one darn thing anybody said…lol…..

I just read this whole thread and didn’t understand one darn thing anybody said…lol…..
Synopsis, is the release of Neptune Apex MXM will allow you to control Ecotech products through the Apex controllers instead of relying on Ecotech Mobius which can be problematic at times.

Synopsis, is the release of Neptune Apex MXM will allow you to control Ecotech products through the Apex controllers instead of relying on Ecotech Mobius which can be problematic at times.
Ahhh…ok. I’ve been out of reefing way too long….lol

well hopefully they will connected through wifi instead of bluetooth. Its pita when i try to change light intensity or schedule with mobius.

well hopefully they will connected through wifi instead of bluetooth. Its pita when i try to change light intensity or schedule with mobius.
It will be connected through the module which is connected to the apex so it shouldn’t matter as long as it’s reliable. I have a Sicce sdc return pump connected to my apex via iota and it’s so glitchy that I just gave up and have it on my power bar, hopefully it’s not as unreliable as iota.

Find a used ecotech reeflink, I never had a problem with that.

It will be connected through the module which is connected to the apex so it shouldn’t matter as long as it’s reliable. I have a Sicce sdc return pump connected to my apex via iota and it’s so glitchy that I just gave up and have it on my power bar, hopefully it’s not as unreliable as iota.
I control mp pump through GHL p4 and it works like a dream. Sorry that yours is glitchy.

Like stated above mobius is a piece of junk, hopefully this will allow a reliable connection… imma snag one as soon as it is released. Can’t even connect to my Vortechs for feed mode nor versas for awc 90% of the time

It is supposed to be WIFI so you will be able to control you tank from anywhere using Apex. Anything would be better than Mobius.

Back