Aqualifter and bubble counter

Muscles

Non-member
My aqualifter barely has any head and is inconsistant. My bubble counter on my PM reacter decided to spit a slurry of bubbles. I am having a great time dialing in my reactor. Everything was going well until Sat. Any advice?

were you trying to feed your reactor with an aqualifter? I would try at least a powerhead of some type

were you trying to feed your reactor with an aqualifter? I would try at least a powerhead of some type

Yes. I guess it isn't a reliable option from my experience so far. That is an easy fix. The bubble counter is frustrating and came out of no where. All conections are good but I haven't figured out why the spray of bubbles when is was working prior. Can't count bubbles this way.

what regulator are you using? some are more reliable than others... Is the counter a diy? If so, what liquid is in the counter?

The bubble counter came with the PM reactor. Not sure of the requlator but it says Sirai where the power cord enters. I have changed to a powerhead and can control the flow much better. I took apart the BC and cleaned th O rings. Still not right. Frustrating. I have the BC half filled with RO. I have the reactor off because my Alk is bit high.

I'm a rookie still when it comes to reactors but my azoo regulator has always been able to hold a bubble count fairly consistent so I would look at that first. Isthe water on the BC filled half way? I know PM reactors are quality stuff so could be the solenoid is defective. CO2 full? Does the gauges show full pressure?

Half full exactly. CO2 full with consistly high pressure. I am starting to think it's the needlevalve. What else could it be? I am going to email PM and see what they think. The cheapest way out at this point is replacing the needle valve first before buying a whole new regulator. What kind do you use? They seem to range from $90 to $140.

Back