Aquarium Light Fixture Shell

yes. exactly. It's going to be hung about 12" water level. I am using 4 T5 as supplementation to my 2 AI Sols. It's easy to make a wood frame to accomodate all the lights, not so easy to dress it up and make it look nice :(.

I think I remember reading somewhere (not sure if it was here or RC) about someone having Catalina Aquariums fitting 2 AI Sols and a couple of T5s into a Light Shell like the one above. I can't find it now...

do a google search versa tv mount on radion. you will get an idea. its not the wall mount where the tv is fixed. the fixture has an arm. so you can pull forward or backwards plus angle adjustment. so if you mount it on the ceiling you can move the light up or down, left or right.

Thanks for the link. But that won't work for me. I have the 2 AI Sols and 2 (will be adding 2 more) T5s on a wood frame under my current canopy.

inside1_zpsb782ed20.jpg

and

inside2_zpsb3ca3929.jpg

The lights will be coming out of this canopy and I have to find a way to install them either in another wood canopy or a Light fixture Shell like the one on my first post. Either way they would hang above the new tank.

Last edited:
HAHAH!!! Awesome. It's aluminum right? So it's rust proof...half way there already...:)

what length do you need?

maybe gutting a coralife aqualight pro or similar mh/pc combo fixture. I have seen them for sale around here sometimes.

48Lx30W at least.

I have heard of people doing that, that's why I was wondering if anybody knew if there was somewhere besides catalinaaquarium.com to get the empty shells.

HAHAH!!! Awesome. It's aluminum right? So it's rust proof...half way there already...:)

Yes.it is and I'm sure they're not too heavy.
But,getting some of that aluminum diamond plate and a press brake for sheet metal would work.

Back