Atlantis Aquarium (LI, NY)

ceige

always wet hands.....
Well had to spend a week in LI and had a bit of time to finally get over to Atlantis.... very very nice and great reef tank..

here are a few snap shots from my visit.....

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

Yeah Joe's 20000 gal reef tank is crazy. I really need to get out there and see it in person. Those are some amazing pics thanks for posting them.

Great Pics brings always nice to see the 20,000gal tank.

is there going to be a trip there this year?

No but there will be an event I am sure that the New York group puts on. SO I would imagine
it wouldn't be hard to get a bunch of people to go down.

We are thinking about making the trip on our own, it is good reefing event to bring the whole family to. Although it makes for a very long day trip.

If you go make sure to see the behind the scenes Joe is pretty good about getting everyone in there the day of the event

I was thinking of bringing the little guy and making a day of it. He loves anything to do with the ocean. We go to mystic almost once a month and Im sure this aquarium is on a different level from Mystic. Ill have to check out the club forum on RC to see info on their event. Thanks for the heads up.

Manhattan reefs and long island reefers put it together. I looked on the forums and didn't find anything on it but I have a inquiry into Manhattan reefs to see if they are doing it again this year.

If not we could setup an informal trip and just try contacting Atlantis directly and setup a behind the scenes tour for anyone who want to go down.

Our kids loved it, the wading pool is a must for kids.

Last edited:
i know he would love it. hes been telling everyone its shark week this next week. Please let me know what you find out. Thanks again

i know he would love it. hes been telling everyone its shark week this next week. Please let me know what you find out. Thanks again

They are not doing it again this year :(

Although the Manhattan reefers did offer to set something up with us for their fall frag swap. Their frag swaps are very different from ours. Imagine guys walking around saying "I got Rolex's" but substitute a reef item like reef epoxy. There are always people who were formerly from Boston and the BRS.

They have a group admission rate you can get if you want to setup something as a informal BRS group trip, or even some local folks.

Last edited:
Back