ATO for 15' head height

mvallee

Non-member
I am looking for an ATO solution that could be pumped from my basement to my DT. It is up 8' over 7' and then up another 3' so equated to about 15'. With my old tanks I used a tunze 9155 and had that pumping through a kalk stirrer all placed alongside my sump and would like this one to have the power to do that as well. ATO's if they list head height do not have anything that could handle that.

Anyone know of any out of box solutions or will this be strictly a DIY project. Depending on season I go through 10 - 15 gallons per week of topoff.

A good peristaltic pump will do it no problem. I would suggest looking into a used cole palmer pump (ask greg hiller, he used to have a pile of them), they are virtually bullet proof unlike most that are mmarketed for this hobby.

25' effortless. And very long life. I have mine for almost 4 years now without any issue or a need to replace the head. First was pushing water from basement to the first floor. Now, pushing water to about 2' horizontal. :D Even though it only need to work a little bit, it gets turned on more often because of the higher water volume and higher evaporation rate.

Highly recommended.
http://spectrapure.com/DOSING-TOP-OFF/LITERMETER-ADD-ONS/LiterMeter-III-Remote-Pump-Module

25' effortless. And very long life. I have mine for almost 4 years now without any issue or a need to replace the head. First was pushing water from basement to the first floor. Now, pushing water to about 2' horizontal. :D Even though it only need to work a little bit, it gets turned on more often because of the higher water volume and higher evaporation rate.

Highly recommended.
http://spectrapure.com/DOSING-TOP-OFF/LITERMETER-ADD-ONS/LiterMeter-III-Remote-Pump-Module

do you have the whole spectrapure top off system or is the pump controlled by some other system like a reefkeeper or Autotopoff.com solution the plug on the pump looks like a 12v power supply plug

I only have the pump. It's controlled by the Profilux controller for ATO.
Remember to buy the power supply. I believe it's a 12V. I'll check what I'm using when I get home tonight.

I just gave away a Litermeter with a bunch of other attachments for it in a barrel of supplies to Tommy6905.

You could see if hes using it and potentially grab a freebie.

A good peristaltic pump will do it no problem. I would suggest looking into a used cole palmer pump (ask greg hiller, he used to have a pile of them), they are virtually bullet proof unlike most that are mmarketed for this hobby.
Wow those are some serious pumps with serious prices. Thanks

The liter meter pump runs off of a 12V supply. Mine is 12V 2Amps. But I can’t imagine this thing fully anything more than an amp.

The masterflex also comes with noise. :D I have it running on my ca reactor. For continuous flow, it’s the way to go. But for ATO, it’s way overpowered and overpriced.

Wow those are some serious pumps with serious prices. Thanks

They are, but if you find one used they can usually be had for @ $100.

Also FWIW I agree the litermeter is a quality pump as well, when I implied that pumps marketed for the hobby were junk I was referring to the aquamedic an other cheaper ones that don't hold up well over time.

I am seriously considering the Basic Spectrapure ATO top off unit they sell for 169, it looks to have that litermeter peristaltic pump, power supply and water sensor in one neat little package and would do what I need. I bought my last and current RODI unit from them with float switches for the storage containers and everything works as expected so feel confident in their products.
Thanks for the input

Back