Baby Regal for $25. Anyone going to Bronx NY?

Pinkskunk

Non-member
there is a local Fish Store in Bronx, NY that have about 30 baby regal angelfishes that run for $25 each. The size are about just over an inch. I cant make it to NY this w/e and so if you go there i will pay you $35 each, and i want 4. that's $40 for your gas :)

i just called them, they dont ship at this time, they are not equiped to ship for another month or so.

if you love angelfishes the Regal are one of the best looking and if you can find them that small it's extremely hard so please dont pass up the chance.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/central-aquariums-corp/171068-9-18-arrival.html

Hi Cindy
Long time no see you post on the board. You know if this is the RedSea type?
I'll consider taking the drive if they're redsea.

Nick,
If you go I'd pay the same especially if I can meet you on the way back.
I'm only interested in one.

hi lol i am not Cindy but i know who you talking about, yeah she loves Regal. No i dont know if these are RS but considering the price i would say likely not. but i will call tomorow AM

also if anyone looking for baby Purple tang they are 1.5inches and $85 each !!!

Last edited:
If this is happening I would really interested in a lamark Angel. They have them on sale for 15 I would gladly pay 25 if someone is making the trip.

I'm in for one as well if this happens. I'm in RI so could meet off the highway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this happens I'm in for one. Will throw in an extra 10 as well for gas. At this rate the person going could get free fish and gas. Wish I had the day off

at that rate I should buy 5...cause that is still a good amount less than wholesale plus the shipping....WTF??? No idea how they can be in business and sell items at that price....??? and they are definitely Indo..(most likely Philippines) you could not even ship the Fish here from the Red Sea for $25...lol

You guys know they are not reef safe right? But with that price, I can setup a tank just for 10 of them.
But I think they should be all gone right now.

BTW, a round trip to NY ********ty will cost more than $100 gas + toll. I go there often to visit.

Like any other Angels, it's 50/50 coral nipper/eater. Some Angels are worth taking the risk and a regal is definitely worth the risk esp the Red Sea type.

Those are NOT red sea type, the store clearly stated that.
Also, who is Cindy, Pinkskunk is a man

Cindy was on the forum a lot 5_6 years ago. I would guess she would attest to the level of difficulty of this fish

She loved them and kept a few from what I recall, in a huge system ...........

The add says they are from the Philippines.

Last edited:
do you drive a humvee? i have a Corolla and when i fill it up from close to empty to full with 93 Octane gas and i did a trip to Flushing Meadows to watch the US Open and then come back to Worcester and then to Randolph all with the same gas tank, that's $45 US Dollars.

yes,i have seen some very beautifull sps and lps tanks with Regal. Once you have a regal you will be hooked.

Like any other Angels, it's 50/50 coral nipper/eater. Some Angels are worth taking the risk and a regal is definitely worth the risk esp the Red Sea type.

Guys if we have enough interests and commitment i think we should do a group order. say 30 regals? myself alone would get 4, what the heck i will take 5. not sure how hard it is to order 30 baby regals as these dont come around that often,they usually come in adult sizes and big.

Would love to get a regal. Just would not want to test it in my tank lol. Catching a fish is such a pain. Plus like b said these are the indo's. I would love a Red Sea one.

Cindy was on the forum a lot 5_6 years ago. I would guess she would attest to the level of difficulty of this fish

She loved them and kept a few from what I recall, in a huge system ...........

The add says they are from the Philippines.

I see, you mean Flighty/Cindy.
also those are "BABY" regals, I am wondering how small they are and if they need special care.

Back