battery back up air pump.

TBoisvert

Non-member
Can anyone recommend a good battery back up (automatic) air pump, for electricity outages. I have a 125 gallon tank and have noticed that these devices range from $10.99 - $80.00. Should I have more than one? Thanks for your help.

Tammie

Tammie, pm with Dave Chandler (heavydc2) from Sterling/Lancaster. He might still have a couple of pumps from the orig group buy.

Thanks very much!!! I will pm him. And thanks to you too, Linda. I had a power outage yesterday and it was a pain to hook up the generator for just two hours. I would feel much safer with one of these! :)

I would consider a UPS (uninteruptable power supply) Like you use on a computerI have one of my tunzes mounted where a bit of air gets sucked in if the water level drops. The ups runs the tunze for many hours. I'm not sure how long, but I'm guessing over 10 hours easy, we've run both of them for 4 hours with it. The UPS also makes a loud beep when it runs which is a nice alarm. It is nice to not have to mess with a generater for a nighttime Power outage, but know that flow and O2 are covered.

You also don't havve to worry about placement of the bubbler, it getting coraline clogged or back siphening your tank onto the floor. :)

Agree with Flighty did the same thing with 2 Tunze's hooked up to a computer Battery backup. Works great saved me a few times.

Back