Best bang for your buck 120-150 gallon glass RR setup

William

Non-member
Looking for opinions on the best bang for your buck 120-150 gallon glass Reef Ready setup. I would prefer to go with a local vendor/manufacturer if possible.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Marineland 120 gallons tank with dimension of 48"x24"x24" is a really nice tank. If you have the space, then 125 gallons with dimensions of 72"x 18" x 24" would be great also or 150 gallons with dimensions of 72" x 18" x 30". Long tank for tangs and bigger fishes. I asked around when I went shopping for the tank. Jay Aquatic in NH has cheapest price and very nice to do business with.

the 120g standard tank with dimension of (48x24x24), most LFS should be able to get this tank for you.
Deep Blue brand has two corner overflows
Marineland brand has one corner overflow.
Petco, oceansinglass, jays, aqua attics and many other local store should be able to get them for you.

If you do not want those two brands, you can order order (by your self) from companies like glasscages, miracles, cadlight, scaquariums .

Now back to your question, "Best bang for your buck 120-150 gallon glass RR setup". I think the www.scaquariums.com has the 120g rimless (black sillicon also) on sale now for just $899.0 free shipping. that is the best bang for your buck.

Good luck

Congrats. I like my Vertex Omega 150 for a skimmer.
On the return pump, are you planning on having the sump on a lower floor or under the cabinet.

Then selecting a return pump is quite easy. I like the Ehiem 1260 or Sicce syncra 3.0.
I'm currently a Syncra 3.0. Had used Ehiem before and for the 6 years I had it, there was no starting issue. I'm almost one year with the Syncra and no issue yet.

I second the sicce synchra pump. It's adjustable and silent too. I've had mine (synchra 2.5) for 2 years and no issues.

Tank came in and looks great on first inspection. The sump is smashed to hell and was packaged on top of the aquarium with no foam!!!! I put a call into SCAquariums 30 minutes ago, left them a voicemail, and sent them pics. Now I get to find out how good their customer service is.

Sorry to hear about the sump.
How does the display tank look? Some close up of the display and silicone seam would be nice. :)

On the sump, is there a reason why you went with glass? Acrylic is more preferable for a sump since it's less likely to damage with with all the equipment running in it. It's also lighter.

Thanks this is me, 4 hours and 2 voicemails later and still no response from SCAquariums. I had no problem getting them on the phone when I bought the system but I'm going to be patient as its a holiday work week. I'll take some close ups later of the display tank.

This is my first tank with a sump. I liked the look of their sump and thought glass would be easier to maintain. I'm not worried about weight as its in my basement. Any place local make acrylic sumps or who would you recommend?

Last edited:
Thanks intheflesh, I wasn't shocked when I saw the packaging, I wouldn't drive down my driveway the way they had the sump packaged.

Was able to sneak away for a couple more crappy iPhone pics. I'll put some more on tomorrow when I get some muscle to test fit the stand before paint or linex

Inside looking out-very clear starphire glass and clean black silicone seams

Last edited:
Seams look okay. However, there's a couple spot in question. Not sure if it's due to reflection or it's real. 2nd picture bottom corner, seem like some missing silicone)? 3rd picture, about more than half way from left to right, is silicone cured?
I hope they return your call and take care of the issue with the sump.

Back