Best way to clean out my sump

Platehead

Non-member
Tank has been running 3+ years. Need to clean out detrus and various other things. It's under the stand and can't be removed? Any ideas?
Thx

Wet/dry vac. But do it in sections as not to mess with too much beneficial bacteria.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Funny story. I actually used my wet vac last night and emptied my sump out that way. Great way to remove all the extra waste.

I wonder how many people do this . Mine has been running 2 years and I haven't touched it's done I have to watch for levels getting too low

I use a buckethead wet dry to clean out my sump.
I was having crazy nitrate problems, tried vaccing it and now everything is looking great!

Wet dry vac, i do mine every 6 months or so, usually a good amount of detritus even with using a filter sock

Bucket head works great and a great price as well. I cleaned the sump for the first time using it had a pretty good amount of detrus down there. Did a water change, when there was no more flow of water coming down got the bucket head out sucked 90% of the water out of the sump with all the detrus. Tank looks better every day
+ 1 for the Bucket head

Back