Bicolor Blenny eating polyps?

maurod

Non-member
I just added a bicolor blenny to the tank, and since that day, I've had chunks of white spots appear on some acros near the hole it lives in.

Does anyone know or can confirm that these guys eat polyps?
M.

My 72 has only LPS and softies, but my bicolor leaves them alone.....

If anything is near there territory they will bite it? Had one that bit chunks out of xenia and spit it out because it was to close to it's hole. It would also take chunks out of starfish that came to close. Picked up snails and moved them away also. Great personalitys but very territorial.

One of my favorite fish, but because they have a bad rep for being non reef safe, I've had to pass. Of course there are exceptions, but I'm not willing to take that chance.

Pretty much anything that grazes is at risk of being non reef-safe (angels, foxfaces, tangs, blennies, etc)

I just looked at a thread on RC where someone's clams were mauled by a bi-color blenny. Big bites out of the mantle.

I was originally told (and I will not say by whom) that my bi-color was a LMB.....and if I was doing it again, it would not be in the tank.....

Fortunately, it has behaved so far, and there are no corals in that tank which would be a significant loss....GSP, trees, some zoos, etc.

So now that we have serious suspicion of the bad Blenny behavior, how do we catch the bastard without taking the tank apart? He is my daughter's favorite fish and she will be very sad if he has to be speared. I tried to lure him with shrimp last night into a net but the Tangs ate the shrimp before he even got any. Now I know how to lure the Tangs :)

Back