bicolor blenny?

trippingrunner

fraggle rock
I have an interest in getting a bicolor blenny for my new tank. the new tank is a 40 gallon breeder. questions are: are they fairly easy to keep? does it have to be a well established tank? ndo they eat regular food like mysis? any help would be great. really like the look of them and they seem to have a personality. thanks

I got one about 10 week ago and I really like the little guy. He eats everything I put in the tank. Wish I got one sooner.

They're really easy to keep, only trouble I had with mine was he loved to chomp on montipora.

I've had one for over a year now. havent had any problem. He/she has a great personality. Eats everything, if you do get one make sure you also feed him Nori.

I have one in my Solana, great personality although he's a little shy. However he has eaten every SPS I've ever put in the tank, so if you're planning on keeping one, you most likely won't be able to have any SPS. He eats mysis, brine, pretty much whatever you put in the tank :)

they are usually not safe with SPS(as mentioned here) And IME they should be one of the last smaller fish you stock. As I have seen many of these become nasty over time and harass other Blenny, Goby, and small Wrasse. I have seen a lot of these returned by customers over the years because of these two reasons. I tend not to bring them in. I usually recommend the Stigmatura/Tailspot Blenny, same style and tons of personality without the attitude.
If you don't plan to keep SPS or other small Fish then they will be great.

Back